Research evidence shows the effects of Prelox® on semen.
* Taking the equivalent of two Prelox capsules a day for 1 month.
- Testicular maldescent
- Severe medical conditions
- Endocrine hypogonadism
- DOUBLE BLIND – neither the patient or investigators know the allocation
- PLACEBO CONTROLLED – the data was compared to taking a placebo tablet to assess the placebo effect
- CROSS-OVER STUDY – both groups had a chance taking the PRELOX and the placebo in succession.
Patient overview in the study
- Average age 36
- 100% compliance with study medication
- BMI: 26
- Mean fertility index (at start of the study) 0.53
- Diagnosed as idiopathic infertile
References: 1. Devaraj S, Vega-López S, Kaul N, Schönlau F, Rohdewald P,Jialal I. 2002. Supplementation with a pine bark extract rich in polyphenols increases plasma antioxidant capacity and alters the plasma lipoprotein profile. Lipids 37: 931– 934. 2. Endothelial nitric oxide synthetase Fitzpatrick et al 1998. 3. Hellstrom et al 1994; Zhang and Zheng 1997, Zini et al 1996, Herrero et al 1999. 4. Stanislavov R, Nikolova V, Rohdewald P. 2007. Improvement of erectile function with Prelox®: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, cross-over trial. Int J Impot Res, Original article, online publication: 1–8. * Stanislavov R, Nikolova V. 2005. Prelox® plus testosterone for achieve fertilization in previously infertile men. Eur Bull DrugRes 13: 7–13.